This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

ClosedXML and Compact Framework

May 9, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Hi everybody!

I've been using this library for a bit of time and it works really well.
Now i would like to use it on a mobile device with Windows CE 5 but I'm having some problems.
When i press the button with the code referring to this library the programs hangs up the compiler becomes unresponsive until I disconnect the device.

Short story: it doesn't work.

Someone have any suggestion or experience?
Thanks in advance to anyone who will respond.

Regards.
Coordinator
May 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM
ClosedXML uses part of MS Open XML SDK 2.0 which to my knowledge isn't compatible with CE.

Can you run any of the Open XML SDK examples with the Compact Framework?
May 16, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Hi MDeLeon,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried a couple of example based on OpenXML buti'm still getting error ("The version of the assembly System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089 cannot be loaded by this version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework.").
I guess that's the reason that cause problem on ClosedXML..
Apr 28, 2015 at 7:25 AM
Hi,
i had the same behavior using ExcelDatareader and compact framework: it's because you can't convert full compact framework's System.data classes to compact framework 's System.Data version: Hoping the code calls existing functions and members in compact framework, your should try to create a compact framework project and import all the files of the standard project and then compile the new project... (doing this for ExcelDatareader doesn't work but maybe with this one it will work)