This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

AdjustToContents Not Working

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I'm stuffing a bunch of text into a cell, calling wrap and then attempting to call AdjustToContents something like

Worksheet.Row(6).AdjustToContents()

I am making the call on the right row so that's not that issue. What could be the problem?

Thank You for your time.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM

If you allow the cell to wrap then you generally don't need adjust to contents.

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Gotcha, well my issue still is that cell isn't expanding to make the whole text viewable when the spreadsheet is open.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I'm confused. If you want to adjust the height you adjust the row, if you want to adjust the width you adjust the column.

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I'm putting variable length content into a cell with colored borders and a fixed width. I want the cell to be just tall enough for the content. I don't want to adopt a rule like

Set height to fit tallest content

because the cell would sometimes be too tall from an aesthetic point of view. Does that make sense?

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Thoughts anyone?

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I still don't know what you want. How would you accomplish what you want to do but in Excel?

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Here's my text version of a spreadsheet

A1 | B1 | C1 | .................................................................................................................................................................... ..... | O1 | P1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a30 | B30 | THE CONTENT THAT I WANT TO INSERT THAT IS VERY VERY LONG  BUT GET's CUT OFF ..... | O30 | P30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The text "THE CONTENT THAT I WANT TO INSERT THAT IS VERY VERY LONG  BUT GET's CUT OFF ....." takes up the cells C30:N30, but I can't see all the text because the row height isn't great enough.  How do I adjust the row height so I can see all the text?

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Still have no idea. Create an issue and attach two images of an Excel spreadsheet: one showing the problem and another showing show it's supposed to look.