This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

dataValidations

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Hi,

great project, just tried it and it works just great, but I'm really missing to manipulate "dataValidations" on the sheet. Is this something that is coming?

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2011 at 3:13 AM

That doesn't look too hard to implement, I'll work on it tonight.

Update: It's easy enough but it'll take longer than I thought. I can't work on it this weekend so it'll probably be ready next week.

Feb 4, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Wow, that's really great!!!

Is it possible to make a donation to your project? If it is, I will talk to my boss to see if it is possible!

best regards J

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM

No problem, I would take it as an incentive to work on this feature. Just send me a PM and we'll work it out.

Thanks for the help.

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2011 at 6:13 AM

I'm almost done with the data validation. The main parts are in place but I still need to polish the rough edges.

In its simples form you'll be able to set the data validation like this:

ws.Range("A1:B2").DataValidation.WholeNumber.Between(1, 5);

Of course, you'll also have more options like:

var dataValidation = ws.Range("A1:B2").DataValidation;
            dataValidation.WholeNumber.Between(1, 5);
            dataValidation.ErrorStyle = XLErrorStyle.Warning;
            dataValidation.ErrorTitle = "Number out of range";
            dataValidation.ErrorMessage = "Please enter a number between 1 and 5";

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2011 at 5:26 AM

Added data validation on v0.45, please see the Data Validation example in the documentation page.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:16 PM

It works very nice!

I just wonder if it is possible to generate validations that are used on multiple ranges, like this:

<dataValidations count="1"><dataValidation type="list" allowBlank="1" showInputMessage="1" showErrorMessage="1" sqref="B2 C3"><formula1>$A$1:$A$2</formula1></dataValidation></dataValidations>

Where B2 and C3 is using the the same validation without having a range spanning B2:C3 or having multiple dataValidation-tags.

Possibly with ws.Ranges(...).DataValidation(...)?

The above xml is from excel 2007 where you copy a validation from one cell to another.

BR/Jonas

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I didn't even know you could do that. I'll put it in...

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 4:33 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.