This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Feature request

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Hi, I was missing these two features:

- Custom document properties (SpreadSheetDocument.CustomFilePropertiesPart)
- Read/write access to sharedStrings.

First one I need to support plug-in loading.
Second one is "nice to have" (and probably a b*tch to implement)

My particular need is this:
I'm using a third party plug-in, which stores two strings in SharedStrings - the former a "lookup" key for the latter,
so to generate a document I need to be able to store data in sharedStrings.

oh,  and GREAT work!

/mikkel

Jan 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM

- Custom document properties (SpreadSheetDocument.CustomFilePropertiesPart)

I'm going to have to do some research on this as I barely know how to use plugins/add-ins, let alone how to implement them. I'll tackle this one after I implement charts/graphs.

- Read/write access to sharedStrings.

It may not be that hard. Do you need to query *all* shared strings in the document? Because if you don't then it'll be easy to give you a way to add shared strings (that aren't already there).

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Custom Properties shouldn't be too hard. it's a Triple (Name, Type, Value) 
Name is a string
Type is one of 'Text';'Date';'Number','yes/no'
And Value should be in accordance with the Type, but I don't know if it's enforced by Excel

Shared-strings, I guess an AddSharedString would suffice, but having investigated further, I'm not sure I really need it.
If the Save-procedure runs through all text-elements and adds to SharedStrings as needed, this ought to be sufficient. The only thing I might want would be the option to specify that texts should be stored inline in stead

/mikkel

Jan 21, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Now I get it.

You're right, custom properties shouldn't be hard at all.

Right now all strings are treated as shared strings and they're calculated at the moment of saving. I can give you the option to leave a string as inline though.

I'll add these to the queue.

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:48 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jan 24, 2011 at 5:01 AM

v0.43 has these changes.

Thanks for the feedback,

Mar 8, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I'd like to make a feature request.  When copying a worksheet, I would love images to be copied as well.  Keep up the good work!

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:58 AM

ClosedXML doesn't support images yet. Sorry.