This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is there a similar Word software package?

May 19, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Edited May 19, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Dear all,

I apologize in advance because this question does not really apply to ClosedXML which is an excellent software that I use with great success. But in addition to Excel, I also need to create and manipulate Microsoft Word 2007/2010 files. I know how to do thing via office automation, etc. but would much rather prefer a solution based on the approach taken by ClosedXML that does not require Office presence. Does anyone know of such a package that they could recommend? Be it open source, free, or commercial?

Once again, sorry for the semi-unrelated post. But I thought that the community that uses ClosedXML would be the one to have the answer to this.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Leo

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Although I haven't used it myself, DocX looks promising...

May 19, 2011 at 8:19 PM

mdeleon,

Thank you for the quick answer. DocX does seems to be a nice package that does quite a bit. I could be wrong but it seems that at present it does support applying Styles to the paragraphs. It looks like it has the capability to preserve styles on replace, etc., but not to apply named styles from the template. I see on DocX forum that several people asked about the styles support but all those remain unanswered. For my specific application, styles are a must…

Thanks again,

Leo