Shifting Range of SUM formula when inserting rows in Excel using ClosedXML

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I am using you closedXML for reading and updating excel file using .NET. Its a good and very helpfull concept to read Excel file.

I am facing problem to shifting the range of SUM function when I insert some rows above it. Is there any solution for it?

Discription:

I have put formula of SUM(B6:B7) at the CELL NO B8, then I am inserting some rows with the numeric values in B Column but when rows are inserted, I require to shift my range of SUM formula i.e not shifting but its remain same as I have write. If I insert 3 rows above the formula my formula should be SUM(B6:B10).

Please give me any proper solution for it.

Thank You...

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I think I can implement that functionality without too much effort. I'll work on it.

In the meantime you could update the formula manually after inserting rows and columns.

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 5:27 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Feb 26, 2011 at 3:38 AM

Dear Sir,

Thank you for be kind of support, It will be very help full to me.

I am waiting for your reply.

Thank You...

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Dear Sir,

Is there any update related to this?

Please update me when you implement this functionality.

Thank You....

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Been working on it this weekend. I think I'll have it ready today. 

Thank you for your patience.

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 6:27 AM

As of v0.48.0 formulas adjust automagically when you insert/delete rows/columns/cells

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Dear Sir,

Thank You Very Much for Reply and support us. We have implement application with ClosedXML DLL and it’s working very fine as per our requirement.

Thanking You,

Arun Verma

SSM Info Tech Solution Pvt. Ltd.

Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:58 AM
To: arun verma
Subject: Re: Shifting Range of SUM formula when inserting rows in Excel using ClosedXML [closedxml:247193]

As of v0.48.0 formulas adjust automagically when you insert/delete rows/columns/cells