What's coming next...

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Edited Jun 23, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Currently working on:

• Charts

Things to work on next: (In no particular order)

• Add-Ins
  • Full theme support (right now ClosedXML only supports theme colors)
  • Cell comments
  • View tab options
  • Pivot Tables
  • Illustrations
  • Resolve formulas
  • Conditional formatting

Ready for the next release:

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Bump (this thing could really use a sticky feature).

Jan 30, 2011 at 6:02 AM

hey.. thanks for the update. 

any ETA for charts? and hows the issue 6131 going?

Keep up the good work

Regards

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 6:27 AM

I'm working on 6131 right now. It will be fixed on the next release, which I'm hoping it'll be tomorrow.

As for charts, it'll probably take me a few weeks. The hardest part is usually designing the API, not implementing it. For example, I spent the entire week rummaging on how to add a hyperlink to a cell. I had the following things in mind:

1) cell.Hyperlink = new XLHyperlink(address)

2) cell.Hyperlink = XLHyperlink.Create(address)

3) cell.Hyperlink.Address = address

4) cell.Hyperlink.SetAddress(address)

Where "address" can be a String, Uri, Range, or Cell. In the end I chose #1 because it felt more natural. As I write this I'm thinking of giving you the option of using #3 also (we'll see how I feel about it in the morning).

Thank you very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:11 AM

thanks a million MDeLeon release 0.44 made my day.

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I see that you have plans for Cell Comments.

Any predictions for the date?

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2011 at 2:12 AM

I haven't looked at cell comments yet so I don't know how easy it'll be. I'll take a look after I'm done with the data validation.

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Thank you, i wanted to help, but it seems that the source code is using VS 2010, i am using 2005.

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Thanks for the offer. If you want you could download VS Express 2010 and load ClosedXML with it... (just a thought).

Let me know if anything,

-Manuel

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM

thanks for the info

i'll try my best.

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I took a look at cell comments and they don't look easy so I'll tackle it after charts.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Thank you for a wondeful development tool - it took me only a few minutes to get a great result!  Your column auto-adjust feature is brilliant!

Cell comments will be a great addition once you get to it (I like to condense worksheets by placing large, not often viewed, free-form text into cell comments so that the data is available on demand but does not use up any real estate)

Thanks again,

-Mike

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:50 PM

How close are charts to being supported?  Also will they be copied when cloning a sheet?

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2011 at 5:14 AM

Sorry for the late reply (life's getting in the way).

Not too close to finishing charts but they will be copied when copying sheets.

May 10, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Hi, why do you want to stop using the Open XML SDK?
Are there some technical reasons behind this plan?

Coordinator
May 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM

It would be one thing less to depend on for me and one reference less for you. That's at the bottom of my list though...

May 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Speaking as a consumer I can live with that dependency. After all I don't have to dive into the complexity of OpenXML thanks to your wonderful library.

Personally I would apreciate if there would be the possibility to reach into the OpenXML API from ClosedXML to archive some scenarios which aren't exposed by ClosedXML.

But this is really only my personal idea. Nevertheless, keep up the good work!

May 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I ran across this the other day while researching how to do autofit using OpenXML. I'm am extremely happy I ran across this as it does what I wanted to do in my own solution plus a whole lot more. Great Job!!!!!!

Once you've had the chance to add two of the items you've got on your task list - Charts and Pivot Tables - this will be exactly what MS should have built into VS.

Again, GREAT JOB!